SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ohio

My trip to MI & my tiny freezer!

tami_ohio
14 years ago

We leave tomorrow afternoon for our trip to MI. Hopefully, I'll get to meet Annie1992 & wizardnm! I had asked for ideas for make ahead breakfast stuff. Well, I found a recipe for a breakfast casserole on allrecipes that I liked. I made two! One with sage sausage and one with maple sausage. I taste tested the sage, we'll see how the other comes out. There is cottage cheese in it, which I don't like, but you can't even taste it! I was very surprised at the amt of sodium in cottage cheese! Wow! One brand had 440g/mg? per 1/2 c.! The cheap brand from Aldi's actually only had 430 comparably. My tiny motor home freezer is packed full! The two breakfast casseroles, two packages of steaks, hamburger patties, salmon patties, salmon, chicken already cut for soup, pre cooked meat/onions/celery for chili, scallops, lobster from our trip to Maine last fall......oh and ham left over from dinner the other night when I did a half ham. And I might be forgetting something! In contrast, the fridge is almost empty. A head of lettuce, pepsi, butter, horseraddish (home made! Thanks you guys!) mustard. I still have to put in the celery, carrots (gotta have the carrots, the bunnies are coming with us), and anything else out of the house fridge I remember to take. Oh, I have milk and cheese already in there. Oh, and I smoked a pork loin on Fri and cut it in thirds. Two pcs of that are in the freezer, too. Can I quit cooking for a few days, please?! You guys inspire me, and intimidate me! I am a simple cook. I don't want to fuss, unless I'm REALLY in the mood to cook, and it's almost always the basics that my mom cooked, nothing fancy, mostly beef, chicken, pork and potatoes, veggies. As in steaks, roast, burgers, spaghetti, pork chops/roasts, and oven baked chicken. You are slowly getting me to be willing to try making new things, with lots of encouragement and help. Thank you. I don't think I have ever been made to feel unwelcome here, or that any question I ask is stupid. Again, thank you.

I don't know how much internet I'll have along the way, but I'll look in if I get the chance. If not, I'll be back in a month!

Tami

Comment (1)