SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shappy_gw

Let's just say you don't want any problems

shappy
15 years ago

My old top loader Maytag works fine, it's twin dryer looks like he's dead. Can't see repairing it, it's too old. Now those of you with a family know how difficult it is not to have a dryer . . . I'm so confused!!

All I want is something that works and is reliable!! I've read through this forum and had no idea that with top-loaders

1) you can't use regular detergent

2) wash cycles can be ridiculously long

3) have computer error messages that won't let you wash

4) you can't soak clothes?

Now I'm reading that the energy star requirements make the dryers less efficient. I've looked through epinions and keep seeing model after model with very low customer satisfaction.

Can someone please help me!! Just point me towards the brand/model that seems to be the most reliable. I don't need anything fancy, but it seems like if I'm getting a new washer a front loader would be much easier on the clothes.

My laundry room is piled with clothes so I need to make this purchase quickly. As I type I'm waiting for the repairman to come fix a leak in the Miele dishwasher (which I'm generally well pleased with) but I don't want my life to revolve around waiting for W/D repairmen!!

Comments (15)