SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danielle00_gw

Layout question (range placement)

danielle00
15 years ago

The wall that has a door and a corner. Right now we are planning to have the range abutting the corner.. we will have about 5 inches of clearance. There will be about 26" of counterspace to the left... and the door to the left of that. It is not a long wall.

Here was our reasoning:

1) we wanted a landing area since our refrigerator is on the wall that is to the left of the range.

2) we did not want the range too close to the door (we have small children... it is a very, very high trafic area)

3) In all the kitchens we've had, I've always prepared food to the left of the range... I'm thinking the island will be a major prep area and when I am actually cooking I will be reaching left for food items.

4) I wanted wider drawers for large pots and skillets.

5) to the right of the range there is the corner and a fairly large expanse of counterspace in the middle of which is our sink.

Cons:

1) the range will be somewhat smashed up against the corner

2) not sure if I will be able to access the corner when the range is in use (no uppers, so I'm not sure what I would need to access)

Will this look weird? If we center it on the portion of wall between the door and the right-hand wall, I'm worried the area to the left will be too small and that the range will be too close to the door.

Thoughts?

I have our plan, but it's a PDF, so if anyone knows how I can post that, please let me know.

Comments (4)