SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
victoriajane_gw

12'w base cabinet -- absolutely final decision

victoriajane
15 years ago

We met with the GC today and got all the pricing for the kitchen and baths...everything looks good, I'm supposed to double check the cabinet specs this weekend and we should be ready to place the order on Monday. I'm very happy with everything, there is only one place I am not sure about. I have a 12" wide space in the base cabinets that I am trying to figure out the best use for. Right now I have it spec'd for wine cubbies, but I'm not positive that's the best use of space. I will have a large free-standing hutch with bottom storage that I could use for wine. I think I'd like to keep the 12" open because it is the first cabinet after the corner, and I don't want pulls to interfere with opening the base drawers on the stove wall. I was thinking open cookbook storage or I could have two stacked, open cabinets, with bins for potatoes and onions and such. I asked the KD about a cubby for paper towels like we were discussing in another thread but she said it was too narrow. What about if I did a paper towel cubby vertically? or would that look really strange? Any thoughts or suggestions are most appreciated!

Comments (7)