SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Last moment coincidence... but I got my marble

remodelfla
13 years ago

Kinda weird... as I posting about the table I re-check craigslist for the 5th time today for my "standard" needed items of which marble is on. (Earlier we went to slab yard and saw beautiful marble but would have to have purchased an entire slab and then get fabricated... too much $$$$ for me)

So... here it is about 5:30pm and I email the guy with mine and DH's phone number. Here was a cararra marble slab in almost the EXACT dimensions I need. 5 minutes later I hear DH on the phone and he says... comeon' we gotta go.

I get into the car and we RACE down to Coral Gables in Miami as someone else was coming to look at it at 6:30. Now with traffic, we'd have been outta luck but with the holiday we made it in record time.

These two guys are remodeling their place and had this on a bar. The size is perfect. It's cararra, it's finished already, and might even just fit onto the table with no fabricating. It's not my dream of wild calcutta but we got it for $125. It's nice, I'm happy, and it'll do exactly what I need it to do for approx. 1/10 the price of what I was looking at otherwise.

You see it's got a little hole drilled. They had lamp wire going down through it. I'm not too worried about it. I'll either keep my mixer on it or stick a plug somewhere where the wire can go down through that and into the outlet.

Another pic:

After over 2 years of looking and all that recent talk about my progress, the table, Josh coming with the soapstone and it just pops up in the exact size. Karma? Divine Intervention? Or just plain odd.

Sorry for all the today posts.. but COMEON' you KNOW I had to share this one!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm