SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Trader Joe's Grand Opening!

claire_de_luna
12 years ago

Of course I didn't go...the lines were out the door and down the block. Not to mention there wasn't any parking, in a parking lot that used to have nothing else but plenty of parking spaces! (Never mind our 100 degree temperatures.) They located themselves into an ''older'' shopping mall that had gone to seed, and the reseeded area has turned into a viable retail space people want to shop in. It's very good for my neighborhood!

I stopped in around 11 a.m. and found no shopping carts anywhere; they were all in use. Okay, I just walked around and got the lay of the land. I'll go back some morning right when they open...it's close enough. One thing I can't get easily in my neighborhood are organic potatoes, and I was thrilled to see those, along with organic chicken (even though I thought it was on the pricey side.) It had all my usual favorites, which I pointed out to my friend who'd never been to a TJ's. Many shelves of items were sold completely out. Since they opened on Friday and this is Monday, I'm not surprised! I only hope the newness wears off soon; this is crazy.

That said, I'm looking forward to my next shopping trip as long as I can figure out when the best time is to go! Kansas City is excited!

Comments (22)