SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scott649

Maytag Bravos 'LF' Error Code Solved

scott649
14 years ago

I bought a Maytag Bravos Washer & Dryer Set that was delivered on 10/10/09. I immediately experienced the "LF" Code on the Power Wash Setting that uses the Hot/Cold water setting. Then, I washed a load of clothes on several other settings that used Warm/Warm and Warm/Cold Settings. No problem. The next load, I choose the bulky setting and modified the water temperatures to Hot/Cold. The "LF" appeared again. I read the manual and followed all of the trouble shooting recommendations, such as, unplugging the unit for more than 1-minute, checking the valves to make sure that they were properly opened, checked the hoses for blockages, checked the drain pipe to make sure it was properly installed and not too far into the drain pipe, etc I still experienced the "LF" code on the next laundry load using the "Hot/Cold Setting. I suspected that my purchase of the highest quality metal braided, 90-degree, high pressure, flood safe and auto shutoff flood sensing hoses, might be the culprit. These hoses have a water sensing contraption on the source side and another gasket with a baffle configuration on the washer side of the hose. I replaced the hoses with high-pressure normal washing machine hoses with 90-degree elbows on the washer side and no special flood sensing gaskets. Well, to make a long story short, this solved the problem. No more "LF" errors.

It seems that the metal braided flood sensing hoses restricted or prevented the water from flow during the cycling of the water (where the hot water solenoid valve cycled on and off), as the washer filled to sense the proper water level.

Now, IÂm trying to determine the best cycle to prevent the "UL" unbalanced load error routine. I think choosing the "Bulky" setting could cause this error if the bulky load is mixed with other non-bulky items causing the bulky items to get twisted and balled up causing the unbalanced load. I solved this problem by choosing another setting such as Colors/Towels. This cycle seems to balance the load better.

Hope this helps others to diagnosis your Bravos Washer issues.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21