SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hcj1440_gw

which miele or which asko closest to European style?

hcj1440
14 years ago

I visited my mother in law in Sweden and was impressed by her 15 y.o. Miele washer. I have a GE front loader at home here in the US and I cannot get things white like she can, plus I am tired of the seams getting twisted (which I was promised would not happen once I switched to an FL). If I could, I would import an old Miele like she has.

Since that's not really practical... what would come closest? I've done some reading on this forum and have gathered that I probably should not get the Miele W4840 as that is some attempt to answer the American market's demand for a high capacity washer. I don't need use the 3.8 cu ft I currently have in my GE and can live with a smaller capacity machine. And the new house we are moving to has 220V 30amps in the garage/laundry area. Which Miele or maybe Asko would you recommend to me for the cleanest clean, highest temps, cleanest rinse? Also I would prefer using more water than less, that is one of my chief complaints with my current GE FL, if I use enough detergent to get the stains out then it doesn't rinse clean enough and I end up having to run a second whole wash cycle just to rinse. (I wash cloth diapers so a very clean rinse is vital to me.)

Thanks for any input!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert