SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl73_gw

Fisher Paykel GWL15 Washer Leaking down outer drum to floor

cheryl73
14 years ago

I have a F&P top loading washer its about 3 years old and its started leaking water on the floor during the final spin cycle. This is the ONLY time it leakes. This is the first problem Ive ever had with it.

I managed to get the washer to turn on without the lid down by putting a piece of cardboard in the slot where the lid goes in so I could see what was going on because at first it was also splashing water on the lid and water was running down the front of the washer from under the lid.

Im going to try to describe this as N-E-S-W as if your standing in front of the washer looking down at the drum.

Directly on the North position inside the tub are the water jets that spray straight down into the tub, these are causing no problems but in the NE position there is a hose that releases water between the inner drum and the outer drum during the final spin.

The water was hitting the side of the inner drum and that was causing water to spray on the lid during the spin. It seems this must have been hit by an off balance load or something and was pushed in further than it should have been. I pushed the hose out a notch and this stopped the water from spraying onto the lid. This part of the problem seems to be solved.

The OTHER problem is the water leaking on the floor. Its happening at the same time this water is coming from the hose that I just adjusted and doesnt come out until the drum is spinning at high speed.

Ive looked under the washer and there are no leaks from hoses or the drum. There is a plastic ring that snaps around the whole top of the drum that I think keeps the water from splashing out all over the place during the last spin but if I shut the washer off after water starts coming out the bottom and examine the sides of the outside drum there is water from that ring all the way down the side of the outer drum down to the floor.

The ring seems to be in place and the problem wasnt made better or worse by my adjustment of the hose. Seems like maybe this ring is allowing water to leak down the side of the outer drum. I cant tell for sure how the water is leaking down the whole side because while its doing it the drum is spinning and I cant push the drum to look down the side of it. but its definitely coming from somewhere around that top ring on the East side of the washer.

Anyone heard of this problem?

Comments (14)