SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20162204

Fisher Paykel GWL11 EcoSmart Washer Diverter Valve Problem

User
11 years ago

Hi, Hoping to reach dadoes. We have a 10-yr. old Fisher Paykel GWL11 washer and following one of your other posts, dadoes, I ran the Diagnostic Mode and the lights that were on for the fault are 3, 4, 7, and 8. No blinking lights. So, that's fault error #51, correct?

It's beeped a couple of times in the past few days but I simply unplugged it for 60 seconds and continued the load. It seemed to work. This time, I had a hunch and started a load: Heavy wash cycle, Warm, Softener Rinse, Water Level-Medium.

At the beginning of the cycle, the water does not recirculate to pour out of the 'shower port'. You know, for the pre-wash? Where it sucks the water plus the detergent you put down the center of the agitator and then pours out like a waterfall onto your clothes while it's filling with water? That's not happening.

I have checked the hot and cold water connections, all good, all clean. Running through your Diagnostic suggestions I found: The cold water comes out fast and quickly, the hot water comes out slower and not as much. I have checked for blockage in both ends of the water hoses - screens look clean, so it's a puzzle why there isn't as much hot water coming out as cold.

Hmmm, what else? Oh, As you also suggested to another member, I safely checked the diverter valve (once finding the darn thing) and there are no blockages inside.

Once my husband came home, I had him read the ohms on the diverter valve and it read 61.2 ohms.

I greatly appreciate your posts on here and hope you can suggest what it could be. I'm suspecting we just need to buy a new diverter valve. Any thoughts or questions?

Many thanks to you or anyone else who can help me. :)

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz