SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deutsch100

It's official...I HATE Charlie's Soap Powder Detergent

deutsch100
14 years ago

I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for my Charlie's Powder Laundry Detergent to arrive...and I HATE it.

I followed the instructions (and member's advice) very closely. First load I did was with some small clean towels and rags, 2 scoops of Charlie's and I used very warm water. I was surprised to see TONS of suds. I did this 3x, and by the 3rd wash, there were very little suds during the wash and rinse cycles.

I've done 2 loads of laundry, and while my clothes feel clean (although have NO smell at all...I did know in advance though that Charlie's was zero scent), they do not feel soft, and some gym clothes do not smell fresh and laundered.

The MAIN REASON I HATE CHARLIE'S is that the beautiful Honeycomb, Stainless Steel drum of my NEW ($2000.00) Miele washing machine is dull, streaked and looks awful. I'm running a 2nd rinse and spin with distilled white vinegar, and I really hope this helps. I know it's purely aesthetics, but the Miele Honeycomb Stainless drum is actually beautiful & now it looks terrible! I haven't had my washer 2 months now, and I'm going to be so mad & sad if Charlie's "wonder, miracle" soap changed the finish of my Miele Stainless drum!!

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really upset!!

Comments (154)