SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hokie98

Started using Charlies Soap, and still have dirty clothes

hokie98
16 years ago

I also just received my bag of CS a week or so ago. I've watched probably 6 - 8 loads, mostly of towels and sheets so far. However, when washing a load of clothes today, I've noticed that several pieces (mainly belonging to my 2-1/2 yr old) didn't come out clean. I'm using the recommended 1 scoop, and it was a pretty full load in my Bosch 700 series FL. Forgive me if this question has been asked in a previous thread, I tried reading some of the Charlie's threads, but didn't find any sort of answer that helps me. I do understand that water hardiness plays a roll. We're on city water, and according to their annual report, our water averages 29. So my question is, do I either need to more aggressively treat dirty clothes/stains (the ones I have issue with I wouldn't normally pre-treat - it's just 'normal' dirt, food stains, etc.), pre-soak dirty items, use more detergent, or do something else? I was having a similar sort of problem with Tide powder, and after some trial and error, found that I just wasn't using enough detergent. Like one of the previous posters, I'm finding my whites aren't too terribly bright; I assume is it okay to use OxyClean with CS? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments (7)