SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

Need your prayers again.....this time for my Brother

luckygardnr
16 years ago

As you may remember, he had quadruple bypass on Jan. 8, and sailed through the surgery with flying colors, or so we thought. Apparently his lung collapsed during surgery, but noone told him till 4 weeks later.

It's been more than 6 weeks and he can hardly get his breath. He has an absess on the bone at the top of the incision, and a smaller infection at the bottom. He's on heavy antibiotics, but to me and my DM he isn't getting better. A nurse comes in daily to change the dressing and clean the wound.

We stopped in to see him this afternoon, and after answering the door, he had to sit, gasping, for a full 5 minutes before he could even speak. And all through his sentences he would have to stop and catch his breath, before he could continue.

We're getting quite frightened for him, and my poor Mom keeps breaking into tears, she's worried so much.

He's going for an xray and a visit to the surgeon this morning. I hope they put him in the hospital till the infections are gone. They probably won't, so if you all can see it in your heart to send up a few more prayers and healing thoughts, we'd be so grateful!

Hugs to you all!

Laurel

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!