SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_zone6

Bedroom re-do for a pre-teen

sandra_zone6
13 years ago

I made a deal with my sloppy 11 year old that if she would keep her room clean, I would re-do it as part of her upcoming birthday. I'm sad to see her room go away since I did it for her years ago; it's my version of a garden. She's outgrowing it, has never liked pastels and had me redo some of the flowers with difference colors last year; she's still unsatisfied and wants me to do something new and purple. Her room is tiny; only 10 x 10 so hard to photograph.

Here is the room currently:

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Hoping someone can tell me if this all will work or not. Here is the new bedding I ordered for her - all her choices; comforter, one sham, bedskirt, three deco pillows. Was thinking of getting one or two of the purple pillows, one or two of the green and of course, the bieber pillow. She likes all three pieces of art, totally undecided, but will only get one for over her bed since the walls are plastered with Justin Bieber posters. I included a pic of the paints she likes. I wanted a full spectrum paint and like Ellen Kennon's lilac, but she wants more color. I don't want to go too dark since the room is tiny. I plan on taking the striped bedskirt which she will not be able to use because of drawers under the bed, and will make it into valences and a chair pillow. If anyone has ideas on valences and how I can incorporate green and purple into the black stripes, I'd be interested in suggestions. Think this will work? Any ideas or recommendations? My goal is something that can grow with her, she doesn't like frilly, foofoo stuff. She didn't like any of the purple comforter sets, but loves the black and white, just wants enough purple added to it. I found purple and green sheets at Penneys.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)