SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Kenmore Washer Stops...Lid Switch? HELP!

andrelaplume2
14 years ago

I have a Sears Kenmore Washer form 2001. I think its Model: 11.20922990 / Automatic Washer, 3 speed with options and Speeds switch.

I posted a few weeks back that the wfe said it was stopping after filling and she'd have to manually turn it to get it going..ie drain. When I got home it was working fine. Well its acting up again.

I remember someone suggested the lid switch might be disloged or bad or not being activated because the part that activates it in the lid above it broke off.

Well, that pointy piece that activates it is still there. I banged on the lid a few times and sure enough it started running so I assume the switch is either bad or loose or something.

I am somewhat mechanical. Is this something I can replace or tighten down myself? Do we just junk the washer? Does anyone have any experience with this model and how specifically how I would go about fixing it.

I carefully pushed a screwdriver into the switch opening to try to take a peek (no sure what I was expecting to see!), anyway, I saw nothing but the screwdrive came out dirty..hair on it. Should I push one of the dust / hair removal clean out brushes in there to try to clean it out?

Thanks!

Comments (9)