SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nala72282

Choosing a TL HE Machine....HELP!!!

nala72282
14 years ago

Currently I have a Kennmore HE TL Oasis the middle of the line on order at Sears. It has the steam dryer with and all the bells and whistles except not in color and not a glass lid. When I started looking more into things this machine seems to have a lot of bad reviews. The sales guy swears to me a lot of those reviews were done before the remake of the set. I'm still uneasy. So now I'm looking at the Whirlpool Cabrio set and it seems that you get more options and the steam in the dryer and the glass lid for a little less money. Has the Cabrio been redone to have the kinks worked out? Such as the clothes get wadded up together and don't come out clean? There is also the new Maytag Bravo although the only one I think I would be interested in this lineup is the top of the line one and it is a little more money. I know they all make each other and that Whirlpool makes Maytag. So why the price difference? Is one really better than the other? I need to make a decision pretty fast as I don't want to have to pay a restocking fee but I feel as I may be very disappointed in going with the Kennmore set. Also what about the GE's they are quite a bit more money but I always hear that GE isn't that great but seem to have Consumer Reports backing them. Why is that? Do either the Whirlpool Cabrio or the Maytag Bravos have an internal water heater? The sales guy said the Kennmore Oasis does. Also the whitest whites cycle on the Cabrio and the Bravos is that similar to a sanitary cycle? I work as a med tech and I like to wash my lab coats at my parent's in her LG front loaders on the sanitary cycle. I would like to be able to wash them in my own but want to know if this cycle is similar to the length of a sanitary cylce and as hot? I know a lot of questions but I'm so confused.

Thanks!!

Comments (5)