SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinkersouthernbelle

Need Fun/Different Game room ideas!

Hi! We are about to expand our attic area and create a family game room/hangout space. I have 4 children who are entering the teen years. We want to have a space where they can have friends over but also a space for us (grown ups) to entertain. Our house is very open so its difficult to have any type of gathering without it disturbing others who might be sleeping (younger kids).

The area will have a large dormer, sloped ceilings and be about 16x28.

I will NOT have the computer or other video gaming in this area...its in our more open area so we can monitor those.

This area we want to have a billiards table, a larger size TV, couch area(with sleeper sofa), table & chairs for games/cards and a "snack area" with mini fridge, sink and small counter space.

I would love to come up with some ideas that are not the typical "man cave" look or traditional bar, billiard room. The rest of my home is very airy, coastal cottage feel. My boys room is the "darkest" room being red, white & navy and I'm going for a Ralph Lauren look in there.

This area is completely separated from the rest of the home so I can definitely do different colors and such but I just don't like the styles I'm finding online on pinterest and such.

I need some inspiration!!! I'd love to hear your wonderful creative thoughts!

This forum has helped me figure out my kitchen remodel and has been great!

THANKS!

Comments (10)