SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrrepairit

Miele W4840 and T9820

mrrepairit
16 years ago

I just wanted to give these two appliances a great review. We replaced our top loader washer, and our gas dryer with these about a month ago. My wife was somewhat reluctant to spend such a large amount of money on them, but I felt that their reputation made up for the price difference. She's now saying those magic words "you're right"! (My only previous experience with Miele is our vacuum cleaner.)

She is tremendously pleased with the cleaning the washer does. She has washed woolens, lingerie, area rugs, horribly dirty jeans, and just about everything in between. They have all come out fantastically clean. I've set the max spin on the washer to 2000 RPM, so the time in the dryer is extremely short for most loads. (In some cases, it is less than 15 minutes.)

I must say it is amazing how the washer balances the loads in order to get to the highest possible spin speed. I suspect it is using "fuzzy logic". It does vibrate a little, but it is on a concrete floor on pedestals. It doesn't "walk" at all.

The thing that really took us by surprise was the extremely small amount of water the washer uses. For most settings, it is barely visible. Only on the gently cycle does the level rise to what I had been expecting. I suspect that is one of the reasons it does such a great job of cleaning - more friction in the cloth. But it doesn't produce lint!

Miele can count me as a very satisfied customer.

Comments (18)