SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

Kids are fussy eaters --20 years later

sheilajoyce_gw
15 years ago

My kids were such fussy eaters. I would chop up the mushrooms in the spaghetti sauce fine so that it looked like the meat in the sauce because they would complain about mushrooms if they knew they were there. They wanted plain, simple food. One day, my 12 year old son looked down at his plate and did not recognize the entree I had served, screwed up his face in anger and demanded, "Mother, have you been reading cookbooks again?"

We also had to deal with several food allergies, so cooking was not easy. Flash forward 20 years, and now they all live in big metropolitan cities. When they come home or we all go out to dinner together, I cannot believe the foods they now willingly have been eating. It started in college when friends introduced them to other foods and sushi, and then once in the big city, they joined friends at various ethnic restaurants. So they eat tofu (which did not sell when I tried adding to our food) and foods from all sorts of countries. It is fun to go out to dinner with them because they now introduce US to the various foods in their cities and suggest what we might like on the menu.

Comments (16)