SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Twelfth Night Celebration (Pics)

lynninnewmexico
12 years ago

Last night was Twelfth Night or as it's also known, the Night of the Three Kings; the 12th (and last) Day of Christmas. I realize that not everyone celebrates this. Heck, about 98% of you probably don't (LOL!), but we do. Anyhoo, I thought you might like to see how I decorated for our little celebratory dinner last night. I like to have a special meal and then a Three Kings cake, but by the time I got all the food ready at 8PM, my family was ready to eat, not sit there while I took pics of it ;^D

I made Lobster Mornay over angel hair pasta, a nice baby greens salad with some of Natal's Honey Chipotle pecans and smoky Gouda cheese on it (wonderful!), a baugette of French bread and a bottle of wine. Here's the pics I took before I got the food to the table, though.

Although the Christmas decs come down today, the table's now set with the blue, white and silver of Winter. I used my wedding crystal, my silverware set from the Forties, antique runner and linen napkins along with my dinnerware from Target. I am a total equal opportunity tablescaper (LOL!).

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I made the individual flower arrangements by each plate using old silver goblets of mine. The centerpiece, which we like to keep down towards the end of the table while we're eating, is a silver-finished nativity set I found at Hobby Lobby several years ago. The candle is in a crystal rose bowl on a stack of two cake stands. The flowers in the white containers are real, but I can't remember what they are called. Got them at Trader Joes for my Christmas dinner table.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Anybody else celebrate Twelfth Night last night???

Lynn

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!