SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverdaisy

Kenmore Oasis Dryer F43 & F45 Error Codes

silverdaisy
17 years ago

I purchased the Kenmore Oasis Washer and Dryer a couple of months ago. I have already had one dryer replaced and I am now having the identical problems with my second dryer. The Oasis Dryer is a gas dryer with the double vent motor.

I am repeatedly receiving the error codes F43 and F45. The F43 code appears when you try to restart the dryer cycle after you have stopped the cycle from running by either using the "Stop" button or by just opening the dryer door. The F45 code is an error that occurs in the middle of a drying cycle. The dryer will completely stop running in the middle of a cycle. When you return to remove your clothing you find the F45 blinking and the clothes are still wet.

With the first dryer none of the repair men or the repair center knew how to approach the problem and after three repair calls they simply decided to replace the dryer since they did not know what else to do. The repair man was just here again and this time phoned into the repair center and they had him run a diagnostic test that showed him the errors that have been occurring and also tested the unit to determine if there was an electrical problem in my home that was causing the error. Fortunately there is no problem with the electricity in my house. He said another possible cause can be a partial obstruction of the dryer vent. He also found that my dryer vent was clear and functioning properly.

The repairman has ordered two different control boards for my dryer. The repair center told him that serial numbers prior to "MT18" have been having this problem. My unit has a serial number beginning with "MT17." Does anyone with a serial number after "MT18" have this problem?

I wish I found this site prior to purchasing the Oasis washer and dryer, it would have saved me a lot of time and headaches. I am now aware that many people have been having the same problems.

Has anyone who has had this problem had it completely resolved by replacing the control boards???

Right now I am trying to decide what to do next. Should I attempt to get it repaired again, get a third replacement dryer or just try to see if they will let me get a totally different washer and dryer?

At this point I am tired of dealing with this situation and would like to get it resolved. If I decide to get different units can anyone recommend another washer and dryer that will not bring me the same aggravation?

Comments (6)