SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bob_cville

Raspberry Vinaigrette

bob_cville
13 years ago

I was going to post this on the hostess gift thread, but that thread seems to have disappeared. This past weekend I was visiting my father-in-law, who has three rows of raspberry bushes that were producing a couple of quarts of raspberries a day.

One evening my wife's cousin invited us to dinner, and I decided to make a raspberry vinaigrette as a hostess gift. After searching around for a recipe that actually involved real raspberries (since that was kind of the point) I found the following recipe, and its easily the best raspberry vinaigrette I've ever tasted: (found at URL: http://foodpluspolitics.com/2008/05/17/raspberry-vinaigrette/ )

EllaÂs Raspberry Vinaigrette

1/2 cup mild oil, such as canola or vegetable oil

2 TB honey

1 scant TB Dijon mustard

3 TB red wine vinegar (balsamic works well too)

1 tsp fresh lime juice

salt and pepper to taste

half of 1/2 pint fresh raspberries, about 1/2 cup*

*Frozen berries, thawed, can also be used.

Combine all ingredients except berries in a mini-chop, processor or blender and process briefly to emulsify. Add berries and process until liquid. Check seasoning by dipping a piece of the greens into the dressing to get a true assessment. I like walnuts or pecans in salads using this dressing.

Makes about 1 1/4 cups. Store in fridge and shake or whisk well before using again.

I doubled the above recipe, and found an empty honey bottle in my father-in-law's cabinet to put the dressing in, but then because the bottle was sticky where the label had been, I made a label to glue on over the sticky area, and the results were kindof cute.

{{gwi:1536923}}

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths