SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Market Day, July 24

teresa_nc7
12 years ago

Today was a good, short day at the market for me. I packed up about 10:30AM, knowing that it was only going to get hotter - as in 103 degrees! I was in the shade and we had a slight breeze so it wasn't too bad.

I sold all but one loaf of bread and a few slices of pound cake. Sometimes I like to make a pound cake just to prove to myself that I can still make one. Folks arrived early and didn't linger too long at the market that was getting steamier by the minute. I know our market feels cooler because we are on grass and have a big shade tree.

We had about 15 vendors today: trucks with corn and watermelon, fresh local blueberries (from Mebane, Terri!), free kittens, fresh local eggs, honey, and lots of vegetables and fruits. I bought blueberries and was given a free cantaloupe that had a shallow crack in the skin. In turn, I gave that vendor some slices of my pound cake. The Lions Club broom vendor did a lot of business today for some reason. The mayor showed up per usual and we had a darling one-year-old-today baby girl toddling around in that precious baby walk that they do.

Time for a nap now....

Teresa

Comments (21)