SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Market Day, July 16

teresa_nc7
12 years ago

Today was another cool, cloudy day at our little farmers' market in Gibsonville. I had a pretty good morning: by 10Am I had sold all but 2 mini loaves of lemon bread and 1 mini loaf of apple spice, so I packed up and called it a day.

Yesterday I sold 2 large loaves and 4 mini loaves at work that were intended to go to the market. My caterer friend bought the mini loaves for her brunch she is catering tomorrow. I told her I could provide her with sweet fruit and nut breads anytime with just a couple of days notice.

The Milk & Honey bread is being well received! Just wish I could find the time to make a double batch. That and my 100% whole wheat both sold out today.

Driving home today I saw where a BJ's is going up! I got really excited as we do not have a Costco or Sam's here in our little town. I'll be checking out the BJ's web site to see what they have and asking on here for any recommendations.

We now have a local farmer bringing a vegetable truck to our office for 2 hours once a week. This past Thursday they had a great selection of vegetables and seasonal fruit. I got local squash and SC peaches.

And I have now saved half of the approximate cost of a hammered dulcimer! That's one of the reasons I make the bread late at night to sell at the market.

'Til next week,

Teresa

Comments (9)