SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

Not exactly cooking, but food related...

alison
15 years ago

I've gotten into the habit of carrying all the mismatched totebags I've accumulated in the back of the car, so I remember to take them into the store with me. (I tend to shop impromptu!) They were a pretty motley crew, so I decided to make some matching ones. (Could be the only area of my life where I'm coordinated....)

I started with a pair out of plain canvas, just to see if it was as easy as it seemed. (Then dressed them up a little because I just can't leave well enough alone.)

Then I found some great outdoor fabric on sale, so I made some prettier ones.

With each incarnation, I got a little fancier -- this is a bad shot of the little key fob and pocket I put in the last three:

{{gwi:1535764}}

I decided I really only needed a few, so I put the extras out at the big neighborhood yard sale -- and ended up selling them all.

And now, all the mismatched ones I had seem to have been taken over by various knitting projects in progress -- so I'm back where I started, with plans to make myself another set next weekend.

If you're in need of bags, they couldn't be simpler to make. I have very rudimentary skills, and the plain canvas ones took me about 30 minutes to make -- including ironing on the decals -- and they cost about $2.

And they make nice gifts, too!

Comments (18)