SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkpaisley_gw

Painting a textured wall red?

pinkpaisley
15 years ago

Would it look OK?

I would like to paint my kitchen wall red but it is a textured wall. (Maybe Venetian plastered). Not sure how to describe it but this is the best term I could come up with. In my mind I feel that a red wall should be a smooth wall.

All of my cabinets are a soft white and my countertop is a neutral off-white. I would actually like to paint my walls gold but there is quite a bit of a pink undertone in the countertop. I do not think gold would look good with these pink undertones. So I have settled on red perhaps but again the textured walls throw me.

Here is my other dilema with painting the wall red. There is only a small section in my kitchen that would be painted. It would be a small wall above beadboard. The rest of my kitchen again is either the cabinets, doorways and the backsplash is also beadboard. Replacing the backsplash is not an option right now. I fear that having only a quater of a wall painted red and the opposite side all white would make it look lopsided.

I took pictures and will try to post a link. Trying to figure out how to do this.

From what I've posted so far, what is you opinion on a red wall? Thanks

Comments (13)