SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Excuse me? HOW much is that entertainment unit?

juddgirl2
16 years ago

My husband wants one of those huge 52" big screen televisionss and I want to house it in a piece of beautiful furniture, so I've been looking at entertainment units. I saw the name "Habersham" mentioned in one of the posts here, so I perused their site and fell in love with the Ridgewood Media Bookcase - it's gorgeous!

Visited a local dealer to get the dimensions and found out that it won't work out for us. Unfortunately, it's much too tall for our 8' ceilings. Oh, and there is one other minor issue that I almost forgot - it's $52,000! I actually laughed when she told me, and thought that even if I could spend that much I'd be better off hiring a skilled carpenter to make the wall unit along with a whole roomful of furniture! Luckily for my husband, despite my expensive taste I have the sense not to mortgage my house or borrow from my retirement to buy what I love!

I did find this seller on ebay who makes custom entertainment units that look very similar, and apparently they will customize any piece. All of them are beautiful but I'm drawn to these probably because of the painted finish. Which, if any, do you prefer? Is there anything that you would change from either one? And, of course, the age-old question of doors or no doors?

What size and finish would you suggest for my room - it's still under construction but the entertainment wall will be a windowless 15' long by 8' tall (windows on other walls). Flooring will be wide plank eastern pine flooring with a medium to dark brown finish as a wood surround with a lighter carpet inlaw in the center of the living room. The only pieces of furniture staying are two warm brown leather couches. No wall color chosen yet but we tend to choose warm neutrals as it is an open floor plan.

"Sebastian"

"Rosemary"

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay seller's entertainment units

Comments (19)