SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Best porch furniture?

Sueb20
11 years ago

Yes, it's January in New England, but we just had a meeting with our contractor last night regarding our new screen porch, which he hopes to start building by March 1. Of course I will want it furnished within 24 hours of its completion, so I'm browsing and thinking now...

We have a screen porch at our beach cottage, but I purchased that furniture from CL so this is our first "real" experience buying porch furniture. I want something that will look good for a long time and we are willing to invest the money in something that will last. And we want really comfy furniture! It's not going to be a big space, but I think we may get two loveseats, or a loveseat and 2 chairs. The furniture will be somewhat protected in the off season because we'll replace the screens with glass, but it's not a year-round space. The furniture will have to stay on the porch year-round, though, because we have no storage space. (I could bring the cushions in, though.)

Any recommendations? I like the look of the PB all-weather wicker sofas, but they may be too big. I don't want big bulky stuff, because the porch won't be large, but I do want comfortable seating for curling up and reading or having a margarita!

Comments (21)