SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackieellison94

Back Porch: Walls, Flooring, Lighting, and Furniture Arrangement

Jackie E
6 years ago
I need help! My fiance and I moved into our first house a year ago, and all of our attention has been on updating the interior but now we're moving it toward the exterior. The previous owners just didn't care, didn't update, did not do maintenance, and it shows.

I love having a back porch, but it's very long and somewhat narrow, leaving me with confusion as to how to decorate it. The half of it with seating in the picture is now his workshop, as he builds our furniture and basically DIYs everything because he's amazing! So it's worth it to have that space being used for tools and all that. I might have him build a divider for between the two areas. The half now for seating is the side with the table in the pictures. That is NOT our furniture! But it's kind of a mess and I don't want any rudeness about it, so I'm using old pictures.

I'm adding pictures of the sofas and/or chairs we've chosen for when we build, and some inspiration pictures to show what we like.

Here's what I know we want:
White paneled walls (the siding is old and needs to be replaced), and probably white ceiling and rafters?
No more outdoor carpet, but it's rough concrete underneath. What do we do?!
A seating arrangement that allows for easy walk through from back door to screen door (we rarely use the front door).
I would love to have more lighting but we have one outlet with two plug-ins behind the table in the picture. String lights? Either way, the ugly fixture next to the door will be replaced.

Comments (4)