SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

a question for Francy...and or Joshua et al

User
16 years ago

I have been following the "saga of the soapstone". I have 2 places that are "red" for lack of a better word. They didn't show up til it was sanded on site. After taking pictures and sending them to the supplier and having the installer come back it was determined that they are a different stone with in the soapstone. You guys have all been so great in helping Francy that I thought maybe you could offer some advice to me too.I didn't see these slabs before purchase and didn't know all I know now about the whole process or I would not be in this position . Now to the question. What is the dye that they gave Francie ? I had asked and was told that there was no way to disguise these areas. I sent pics to several folks at one time and they said that I should just live with it. I would love to be able to rub a color into the rougher red area and hide it as much as possible. Here are some pics to show the areas. They are rougher and very different than the ss. THANKS IN ADVANCE for any help. Caroline

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)