SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amsunshine_gw

General Wash Temps on Samsung wf220

amsunshine
13 years ago

Hi all:

I've done a few loads of laundry and wanted to post a few general findings I've made about the wash temps on the wf220.

First, I now have my water heater set at 130. I run my laundry sink tap next to the machine until it runs hot before I do a load. (I save most of the initial water for watering plants...)

OK -- the heavy duty "hot/cold" cycle on normal soil level yields a final temp of about 110 degrees. For me, this is the cycle I would use for a "warm" wash, which is most of my laundry.

The sanitary cycle states it gets to 150 degrees. I couldn't verify the exact temp because it locks the user out after a certain temp is reached, but I can say that I got a temp of about 125 before it locked me out, the tub was steamy and the glass door was very warm to hot to the touch when I was locked out. Also, this cycle is NSF certified, so I'm assuming 150 is accurate. This will be my "hot" cycle (whites, linens, etc.)

Every other "warm" cycle I've tried so far (Normal, perm press, heavy duty) has been pretty dismal. Only the heavy duty "warm" cycle even uses the hot water tap (for a short time) to help fill the tub. Perm Press and Normal "warm" cycles were tap cold only, with no apparent heater activation. Heavy duty "warm" was a little warmer, as it had some hot tap fill. I was able to measure a temp of about 83-84 degrees on that cycle (it didn't quite get to 85). This would be what I would use for my "cold" washes.

Haven't been able to try out quick cycle yet. On my previous wf210, which I returned, I was able to verify that quick cycle on that machine used higher temps than the other cycles. When I get a chance to use it on this new machine, I'll post my results.

Hope this helps someone looking at the Samsung front loader washers!

Comments (4)