SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alida_gw

One last decision - pull/knob height on tall pantry cab doors??

alida_gw
15 years ago

Mercy! I am down to one last decision.....and my brain has decided that it doesn't want to function anymore! It needs a rest. So maybe some kind souls here will decide for me what to do about the HW on the pantry cabs.

I have a wall with stacked pantry cabinets and a paneled fridge. The cabs are creamy white, inset doors. There are two 36" wide pantry cabs and another 18" one. The doors on the lower portions are approx. 60" high. The uppers are stacked and go to the ceiling.

My original plan was to use glass knobs on the doors and polished nickel pulls on all the drawers. So the three pantries (all doors) would have glass knobs at the bottom of the uppers and top of the lowers. I've seen this look with the knobs all sort of clustered together and I do like it. Fridge has appliance pulls. BUT...... using my handy dandy blue painters tape for two weeks has me rethinking this.

The knobs on the lowers are about eye level for me..... In case you don't want to do the math - I'm short. DH is not short. I wonder if it would be better to use pulls on the lower doors, placed at sort of arm height. Would that be ergonomically easier? Also I am wondering about the long term wear on the hinges? They are exposed, with three on each of the lower doors. With knobs at the top, the knob is higher than all the hinges. Will that top hinge get more torque because I'm pulling from the top. I'm not so worried about them breaking, more that I don't want to have to adjust them all the time because of the HW.

So...... knobs or pulls and where do I put them?

I hope I am sense to those of you nice enough to read this far! If any one has suggestions or pictures I would be more grateful that you can possibly image.

Regards,

Alida (officially worn out by her kitchen reno)

p.s. Thank God for the preview button. Pre-edit my post was all about panty and stacked panties! LOL

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor