SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Last Chance for Critics before we finalize cabs/ pick stone!

beaglesdoitbetter1
13 years ago

So, this week is my last week to be obsessed w/ this kitchen before I actually go and pick out my pieces of stone and confirm my cabinet order. Here's a mock-up of what I am thinking (not exact- it doesn't show sink pullouts or furniture feet which we'll have):

Cabs= candelight english linen

Countertops= Perimeter in honed carerra. Center island, I had my heart set on Blue Macuba but today I discovered (online) blue bokira (sp?) quartzite and may have changed my mind. Waiting to see what my stone guy says if he can find me any slabs to look at...

Backplash= Honed marble w/ stone impressions sei bella listello and a custom painted hydrangea mural

Sinks= blue whitehaus farmhouse sink w/ drainboard in the blue island, and a honed cararra marble sink made out of my marble for the perimeter cabs

I will have 1 dish drawer next to the prep sink in the island (to the right? or the left?) and then another dish drawer and a full size dish washer on either side of the cararra sink.

Cooktop is a 42 inch Miele. There will be landing space around it, I just didn't show that in the picture.

Fridge- hidden panel fridge directly next to the pantry. We'll also have a set of fridge/freezer drawers as supplemental fridge storage on the left end of the island, facing the breakfast nook and directly accessible from great room/gathering room on either side of kitchen.

The last cabinet on the left of the stove wall will have appliances and stuff inside (toaster oven, etc.) and a pull out little shelf for making breakfast, all concealed behind that door.

Pantry is a full walk-in w/ extra fridge/freezer inside.

So, what does everyone think? Comments on materials, layout, anything and everything please. Next week is the last chance before we go ahead w/ stone and cab order.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner