SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
la_koala

Help! Confused about corner sink measurements

la_koala
15 years ago

Hi,

While I've been thinking about my kitchen layout for a while, I'm only now trying to work out some layout and measurement numbers for myself. I want that in hand before I go talk to the professionals.

I'm unsure how to figure out measurements for a corner sink. I mean, from my own 'dish washing pattern' :-), I believe I want at least a 31" of bowl 'washing space'.

If I want to have 31" of bowl washing space in a corner sink base cabinet, what would be "sink size" (from the manufacturer's point of view)?

What would then abe the linear 'wall' dimensions of that cabinet? Measuring from the room's corner, how many inches along the wall would that sink cabinet run?

And what would then be the linear measurement of the front face of that cabinet? (The cabinet door front face).

Apologies in advance if I overlooked a good reference in which to look this info up. I did a search of the forum, and didn't easily find one. I'm trying to draw this out on graph paper, and trying to figure out the triangular dimensions of a corner sink is stretching my high school geometry skills. :-) If I can't figure it out, I'm going to go back to only considering the 'normal' type of sink.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)