SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriage_gw

confused about under sink water filtration - help with faucet

carriage
13 years ago

I am feeling a little dense about the whole under sink water filtration thing... Please help me understand!

We're doing a modern kitchen reno, with stainless countertops. I got the Brizo Venuto SmartTouch faucet, which I'm super excited about. But I didn't think through the water filter faucet decision before buying that. I want under sink water filtration just for cold water, and nothing fancy--just charcoal. I live in the city with good water, but there are always questions about lead pipes somewhere between the municipal supply and my ancient carriage house. That said, I want something that will look good with my faucet. I don't care for the basic Insinkerator and other such faucet taps that come standard with many systems. But I am unclear about what the alternative is. When one buys an undersink filter, do you have to buy a water-filter-specific-faucet, or can you use a bar/prep faucet, for example? And what is a 'cold water only' tap?? And finally, anyone have any suggestions for a decent looking one that will go with the Brizo Venuto faucet?? (Brizo Venuto faucet: http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2009/10/09/kitchen_faucet_venuto-brizo_WexwP_24431.jpg )

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH