SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maren_fixit

Equator 3710 washer/dryer combo not drying

maren_fixit
16 years ago

Hello, I have a year and a half old Equator combo unit, and been having some problems with the drying end. My clothes are not getting dry, and instead remain wet and cold. I recently repaired basically the same problem- it had stopped producing heat, and I had similar problems that I saw posted here regarding customer service on their end, as well as a lack of local repair people, although I finally ended up with a helpful person on the phone who helped me pinpoint the problem to my 'fuse link' and also my blower motor, I paid for the parts over the phone and they got mailed to me and I installed them myself! SO, after installing new parts, it worked great... for about a month. Now I have the same problem with my clothes remaining wet and cold... so I pulled out the unit, took the top off, but my element is getting hot, the blower is turning, but no heat is getting into the drum!!!

I called the same previously helpful guy on the phone, but he was puzzled, and said I need to find a repair person! He told me to clean the blower vanes, but they don't have any lint on them... and the motor is turning it just fine. I am wondering if there may be some problem with my condenser unit thing, which I can't really see, so I don't know how it works or if it can get clogged as well with lint... although my pump does pump water out just fine out through the drain hose... any help would be much appreciated, although I am about to give up on the thing.

Comment (1)