SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

My turn for paint color help (long)

15 years ago

I'm finally ready to take the first step in updating my kitchen. I want to remove the wallpaper and have the walls textured and painted. I want a French Country kitchen and my original vision was a gold/yellow color on the walls with red accents. I really like these colors:

mnhockeymom's kitchen

{{gwi:1548354}}

newhomebuilder's kitchen

{{gwi:1548355}}

Some of you will remember my search for the perfect color to match my paneling in the family room. I finally decided on Woodstock Tan which looks brown during the day and green at night.

Woodstock Tan

{{gwi:1548356}}

Here's a picture before I painted the entryway. That's the hallway to the left and I need to paint it in a color that blends with the family room.

{{gwi:1548357}}

This picture shows my office doorway (on the right), which also needs to be painted to blend with this room.

{{gwi:1548358}}

You can also see our kitchen from the family room and the office.

From family room

{{gwi:1548359}}

My question in, should I paint the kitchen in Woodstock Tan so that these rooms all blend together or should I keep the hallway, entryway, office in similar colors and use the gold in the kitchen.

Here's a picture of VWhippiechick's kitchen. She used a color similar to Woodstock Tan

What accent color would I use with the Woodstock Tan and could I get the French Country look with it? I would love to get new cabinets, but I may end up having to paint what I have. Whatever I do, the cabinets will be off white.

Here's my kitchen and the dreadful wallpaper:

{{gwi:1548362}}

So, what do you think? Should I go with my original vision of gold/yellow or stick with the Woodstock Tan to match the rest of the house?

Laurie

Comments (11)