SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amna_gw

Appliance recs for 2nd floor laundry

amna
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

We are about to move our laundry upstairs, out of the basement, into a space between 2 bedrooms. I have read a lot of very useful posts here on this topic but have a couple of questions. We are going to be looking at front loaders.

Our house is newer construction (1987) and I'm thinking will probably not have a lot of shaking and rattling issues associated with older houses? Also, sounds like the barn/stall mats are definitely a go? Anyone, have any negative experiences to report with those? I read dampness and mold build up we're a concern with these. Anyone experienced this problem? Did you use any kind of sound deadening acoustic barriers in your upstairs laundry room/closet? Is that overkill?

Finally, in terms of appliances, Electrolux has a second floor guarantee on their web site. I have never used this brand and would appreciate feedback regarding how well the washer and dryer do their jobs. Also, whirlpool affinity appears to be highly rated for being whisper quiet. Does anyone have experience with these appliances? Are they really quiet enough to be running right next to where we sleep? I often run loads at night before going to bed so quietness is going to be critical. I also like my clothes to get really clean and really dry :-)

I have done a lot of reading and web surfing already so at this point I am really looking for first hand experiences of people who have a laundry set up in their main living space. Also, first hand pros and cons of the Electrolux and whirlpool machines would be much appreciated.

TIA for any advice and insights,
Amna

Comments (5)