SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marmoreus_gw

Feedback on my kitchen layout please

marmoreus
14 years ago

Hi there,

We were going to build a year ago, put it off, changed the house plans and are now smack dab in the middle of building a house. Holy moly are there a lot of decisions! For some silly reason I thought between my KD and me reading GW faithfully every night, we could design my kitchen and not need any other input. What was I thinking? :)

Please forgive my unprofessional drawings--for sure the pantry area is not quite to scale.

My main concern is the fridge location (it's a 36" counterdepth FD). Between the traffic and having it against the wall I just don't know if it will work. I think it should be swapped with the oven cabinet and the aisle there widened a bit. My husband is really worried about the fridge sticking out and thinks it will look more built-in over in the corner.

Also, we'll have seating on the back side of the island and we were going to have a spot for 1 seat on the side toward the dining table, but now I think I'll have shelving on that side for cookbooks and things.

If we do swap the fridge and oven, I have some ideas for the domino effect that that will cause, but I wanted to get some initial input first.

Thank you so much to you wise kitchen forum members!

From Drop Box

Comments (33)