SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jd_vesperholly

Feedback on my kitchen layout please!

J D
7 years ago

I have a small and awkward layout of a kitchen/eat-in area. Behind wall A is the stairs, to the left of wall B is the living room. Walls C and D are external.

Here is the current layout, except the dishwasher is UNDER the sink (some kind of weird space-saver d/w) and there are soffits over the cabinets. Missing in both are a microwave over the range, which Ikea's planning tool doesn't do.

Hoping you can see this IKEA planner link for my idea: Kitchen design

Here's a top view:

And some 3D renderings:

I would love any and all of your design-y opinions! Should the cabinets next to the fridge be more of a pantry-style, as I don't have an actual pantry anywhere? Fridge wall may be able to be removed or shortened as I do not think it is load-bearing. The depth of the space where the range is now does not accommodate a larger fridge, it would have to be centered (eh) or against the other doorway (yuck).

So far the "major" modifications are removing soffits, adding a plug (+ circuit?) for the fridge on that wall, shifting the gas range left about 12", moving the dishwasher from under the sink to the right and adding a disposal. There are existing plugs on either side of the window and a switch where the range is. There is a basement underneath. Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments (15)