SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mgmcole

My Kitchen Layout - Your Feedback Please!

mgmcole
9 years ago

I've been reading this forum for a while and am impressed by so many great kitchens, but especially by everyone's expertise and willingness to give feedback. I'm hoping to start my kitchen remodel soon and wanted to ask if you could give me your impression.

First off, my main objective to the remodel is to give me more counter space and storage. Here are some images of the proposed layout:
1. Birds eye view of entire kitchen. The row of cabinets on the bottom are against an existing half-wall. The plan would be to add an overhang countertop to allow bar seating on the opposite side (sunken family room on that side).
{{!gwi}}

2. Head on view of the main kitchen. To the right wall will be double-wall oven and fridge.
{{!gwi}}

3. Dimensions of the window wall.
{{!gwi}}

I originally wanted to have a longer island to allow for seating but some KDs said that I didn't have enough space (kitchen is 12 ft across). So I want with plan B with the half-wall and plan to have a kitchen table/seats in the 102" space between the half-wall cabinets and start of the island/L-shape. Is that enough space? Do you think that I could do the longer island? Any other input is welcomed!

Comments (18)