SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
compumom_gw

FL-- What's in your LOAD?

16 years ago

I'm struggling with the FL vs TL question. We're empty nesters, but with little grandsons and a pool-- which means I can occasionally do more laundry, but usually it's only done on one day each week. That's the day the cleaning lady comes. Towels, sheets, washable clothing, napkins and rags make up the typical washday.

My question is this: if you only have someone there for 7 hours and they have to do all the washing, how do you get in all the separate loads if each wash cycle takes 50 minutes?

I normally wouldn't combine lights and darks, towels and sheets, delicates and fine washables with anything else. We could easily have six loads, not huge ones, 2 or 3 bath sheets, 2 face towels, 6-10 washcloths, king sized sheets and pillowcases, a few pair of jeans, 7-15 shirts(T-shirts and button down), nightclothes, undies etc. Not to mention things from the kitchen or guest towels. On a rare day I may also wash comforters, duvets or shams.

Where do you combine loads? We're looking at the Bosch 500 series FL FYI

One other question. We normally wash towels as directed in warm water and sheets in warm too so that they won't shrink. Other than rags, (except Miracle type cloths) when would I use a sani wash?

Most clothing washing instructions don't seem to recommend hot water washing either.

Last question-- Do HE TL take the same amount of time for wash cycle or are they shorter?

Can you help me figure this out? Arrrgh!

Comments (8)