SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

RHOME410 please read re. stainless counter w/ marble

theresse
14 years ago

Jeez...aside from all the great people and advice, this site drives me absolutely nuts. Rhome410, I've been trying to respond to your replies to my thread but every time I try, it says I can't because I've already posted on my thread. Ridiculous. The suggestions to refresh don't work. So, here's my response to you, re. stainless counter w/ marble subway tile!:

Rhome410, I just realized my house is pretty much a foursquare too. At least on the inside it is but on the outside it looks more like a saltbox but w/ a balcony above the front porch (which is not a nice wide front porch, sadly - but just a small one by the door). It's very arts and crafts on the inside, though the only room that has original unpainted woodwork is the dining room. The rest all has white trim.

I love your perfect mix of old and new. I suppose one could call this eclectic then? Your island is beautiful. What is that - maple? Seems darker to me than maple. Everything looks so functional and peaceful but w/ happy little splashes of color. Good job! I also love the warmth of all that wood contrasting with the coolness of the stainless, and how the cabinetry around the stove area ties it all together...sort of plays the role of Sweden - haha!

Oh - just saw your other comment (your last one). Thank you! :) I'm so happy the decision part - or the worst of it anyway - is over with. Yaaaay. I'm a little nervous about having white marble tile w/ white countertops and a white sink and white window trim all right there next to each other, but I'm pleased that the countertop won't be the getting-to-be-overdone black. And I'm happy the marble will have a bit of tan and grey, too. Also, I could paint the cupboards something else someday.

What I'm left wondering right now is can I get away with a polished nickel faucet instead of polished chrome (will the faucet look too yellow next to the stainless steel top)?

How do you like your faucet? I was going to get the Perrin & Rowe bridge style gooseneck faucet like this: http://www.faucetdirect.com/rohl-u-4719l-double-handle-bridge-kitchen-faucet-with-metal-lever-handles-with-sidespray-from-the-perrin-rowe-series/p237403

...and the basic Shaws 30" sink like this: http://www.designerplumbing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=ROHL17&Category_Code=All_Farm_Sinks FYI I wouldn't buy from that place but it's just the first example that popped up online.

Comments (5)