SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
williamsem

What to do with sliding door in kitchen?

williamsem
11 years ago

I'm finally ordering kitchen cabinets this week! Now I can move on to everything else in the space. The next biggest headache is the sliding door. It's big. The room is not. I hate the vertical blinds that are there and want something different. The sliding door faces east.

What are my best options? I am considering track shades that look like 3-4 large vertical blind slats on tracks that slide to one side, and also tab or large grommet curtains? I really have no idea. And should this be the place to introduce a pattern into the space since it's pretty big and there isn't much wall space? That worked well with the shower curtain in my small bathroom.

Pics, obviously "before" pics of the room, demo is in May but on a tight schedule so I am gathering everything ahead:

The door:

New floor plan, the large blank wall is where the door is, there is a powder room, basement stairs, and garage door in the short hall, the other doorway in the room is to the great room.

Cabinets will be maple stained Java from Bellmont, which is fairly dark with a slightly ruddy undertone.

Granite will be Rocky Mountain

Floors will be cork glue down tiles from Globus cork, probably bleached, shown in the lower left

Ok, I think that's all the relevant info. Sorry for the long post! Any and all suggestions welcome. I have some time, but also need to make sure I get through all the decisions and gathering for the whole room by the beginning of April to be safe.

Comments (10)