SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hokie98

Bosch 700 series cleaning issues

16 years ago

I've had my Bosch 700 series set for close to 9 months now, and am increasingly becoming dismayed at how it cleans (or rather doesn't clean) our laundry. We have a 2 year old daughter, and I guess this is becoming more so of an issue because since she's getting old, she's also getting a bit messier. Today I washed a load of clothes which was what I'd call a small to medium sized load. Several items belonged to her that had some dirt on them from playing outside, and a couple of items were mine. I washed them on the regular cotton warm cycle then threw them in the dryer without examining the clothes. When I was folding them, I noticed that most of her clothes that were soiled were still dirty! Not as dirty as when they went in the wash, but still, not close to clean. I wouldn't necessarily consider the clothes 'stained' because it was simply dirt on the garments, so I didn't treat them with a stain remover. I took the clothes, put them back in the washer, on the warm cycle again, and this time with a 30 minute soak. (BTW, I'm using Tide HE powder.) I put the detergent in (approx 1.5 - 2 tbsps), along with some Oxiclean powder (about 1/4 cup) for that cycle. I think the clothes came out slightly cleaner, but still some were still noticeably dirty, including a t-shirt my daughter was wearing about an hour before I put on the 're-wash' items. It had some dirt on it where she fell walking down a dirt road this morning, which didn't come clean. I feel like I'm using an appropriate amount of detergent and my hot & cold water is hooked up correctly (matter of fact, even when I wash items on 'cold' they still come out the washer 'warm' -- is that normal?) The only other thing I could do is pre-treat the clothes, but is it really necessary to pre-treat items that just have good old fashion dirt on them? I am understanding that alot of food stains are tough to get out of my daughter's clothes, and for that the sun works miracles, but again, I'm just frustrated because it's just dirt. HELP!

Comments (9)