SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkplatow

Paint color for walk-in closet

lkplatow
14 years ago

A few years ago, we put a white melamine-type closet system in our master-bedroom walk in closet. At the time, we had planned to do the bedroom in earth tones eventually, so we painted the walls of the closet a golden tan color (Durham Cream from BM, IIRC). The trim in the closet is white (there's baseboard and a window that is trimmed out). It was actually a nice color combo and looked great.

But it took us a few years to get around to the bedroom and I ended up painting the bedroom sort of a spring/apple green. Now the closet looks very drab and depressing compared to the bedroom color. The easiest solution (keep the door shut) can't work because we keep our dog's crate in there and and he needs access to it. So I want to repaint the closet.

I was planning to just paint it white so that it would go with whatever color we chose in the future (now that the closet system is in, it's going to be a serious pain to paint around all the shelves and such). But my dh thinks white will be too boring with the white trim and white closet system. Any other suggestions for a color that would be neutral, not too drab against apple green, and not be too "boring" for my dh? (I'm still thinking white but maybe there's a nice shade of cream or something that would work....)

Thanks!

Comments (7)