SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

New Additions to Home Office, or: A Full Room Gets More Crowded

User
10 years ago

Some of you have seen pictures of my home office, which is a literal riot of color and pattern and stuff. My usual style is more serene and sedate, but somehow this room has ended in a wild combination and I absolutely love it. It was a home school room for several years, when our youngest (now in college) eschewed middle school for traveling for fun and education and was also competing in Go tournaments around the country. Last year I replaced the world map over the bookcase with a silkscreen of vintage books printed on lucite. The room was already covered with travel posters of all the places we visited in those years, as well as prints we brought back as souvenirs.

Always on the lookout for something different, I noticed some absolutely wonderful small posters last summer strung across our local movie theatre lobby's ceiling in advertisement of a movie ( that shall remain nameless). I was smitten--- the colors were marvelous and the size, perfect to go up high on my office walls. I had to wait months, but ended up with them and finally got them framed and up and wanted to share.

The new ones are the two on the top row above each desk

And along the top of the windows:

Here is a cleaner version of the room before, just after I found the rug.

And here are some of our prints and water colors brought back from visits all very inexpensive (some even notecards from museums!), many more waiting to be framed for DS's eventual home. This lot is mostly from Italy, Japan, England and Alaska, and they are displayed on one of those weird clipped corner walls of which the architect of this house was so fond and which have been the bane of my existence here:

Some of my favorite pictures on GW have been peoples' home offices, partly because I love storage ideas and I think they are often even more representative of a person than one's bedroom. Feel free to share your own home office pictures here, I would love to see them!

This post was edited by kswl on Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 12:22

Comments (4)