SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Did you survive the happy holidays??

girlsingardens
16 years ago

Just checking to see if everyone survived the holidays this year. Just to let you know that this is the first time in years that no one got in a fight or arguement causing tears. It was a lot of fun and the kids got lots of presents, now to make room for all the toys. This was the first year where I only made a couple goodies and left to baking to others. With a 4 and 2 year old girl "helpers" and a 5 month old that loves to be with his mama it just wasn't happening around here. And let me tell you it felt really good. Every other year I have either been pregnant or breast feeding for the last 5 years. LOL NOT NEXT YEAR:) The funny thing is I would get more on the years I was pregnant than when I had a baby on the boob.

We went to the in laws the weekend before x-mas then to my folks for 3 days, and back Sunday for another Christmas. We had 1 for my mom's side and one for dad's side, (grandma, cousins, aunts and uncles), for my sibs and parents, dh's sibs and family, and finally Santa came for the Girls and Hayden at Grandpa and Grandma's house. Now to get the house into shape as I have only been home 3 days in the last week and a half and brought lots of stuff into the house and am tuckered out.

I love Dad's side because there is always talking about old family members and all the doozy stories out there we hear each year. Mom's side is much more restrained and not a lot of funny joking around. My side has lots of gag gifts and off color humor. Dh's family is stoic and if someone says crap it is a very bad word. My sil is due the 9th and they will induce on the 10th so getting ready for that. She is the one who was ticked about naming Hayden Hayden because that was her name. So she decided on Aiden.

Here is the list of Grandkids on my side, definately a mouthfull

Rhiannon, Creighton, Peyton, Hayden, Aiden, Jorran, and Jack, I kiddingly tease him ( he is 1) and call him just jack. You should see my mom try to remember all these names so close in sounds. That is what she gets for naming us

Stacie,Kerry,Amy, Cory, Marcie and Casey all ending in the ee sound. Definately a mouthful but easy to hollar all in a list:)

Stacie

who is already stocking up on presents for next year

PS if you want to click on our website you can catch up on pics from the last few months and Christmas video. For DH's Christmas we went roller skating, the only causualty was my falling down and my leg is bruised from knee to ankle:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Sich pic home page

Here is a link that might be useful: Girlsingardens web home page

Comments (4)