SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shabruo

Price quote/estimates check

shabruo
13 years ago

Hello,

I am attempting to have a new system installed in my home. I can do either gas furnace or heat pump, currently we have electric heat.

We need a 5 ton heat pump, and have thus far gotten mutiple quotes for Lennox systems. We wanted to to use the contractor that does the Costco program, but they seem to be really off base in their pricing, and I'm just trying to get a reality check on this.

For a Lennox SLP98 gas furnace, they have quoted me $6500 for the equipment and basic install of that only (not including any duct work - I asked to separate it out).

For the XP17-060 5 ton with the CBX32mv variable speed air handler (or possibly upgrading to the XP21), they've told me I'll be in the range of 13K-16K for just the equipment.

The other local dealers (who I am trying to not go with - because with the Costco Co. we get more $ back and can use our costco Amex for payment), my quotes for equipment of the heat pumps were told to be in the ballpark of 7K-8K for equipment only.

What's going on here? Is the Costco co. completely off base in that quote? It seems to me that they are, and I have a bad feeling about it... but I just want to know what the general consensus is on what I should be looking to spend for that heat pump system. And why would the furnace option by more than half the price? Any one have any thoughts or could maybe back me up in my feeling that they are not quoting the heat pump correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (4)