SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

for nyc apartment - need recommendation for non venting w/d

grannysmith18
12 years ago

I'd like to have a washer and dryer installed in my apartment. Basically starting from scratch, and having a small laudry room put in. The rules of my building are that I can only put in a non-vented dryer. I don't know anything about these, and haven't been able to learn much online. I think what I probably want is a "condensation" type dryer. Does that seem accurate?

What brand/model would be best? I've heard that the Bosch make a good set, but I can't get information about the models, and what their features are.

My preference would be to get a full size washer and dryer that stack (sort of like the Whirlpool Duet), but if they have to be side by side I could do that - I don't want to sacrifice capacity.

Drying time is also a consideration. I know I won't get the same quick drying time as my mom gets in the suburbs with a vented gas dryer, but what can I expect?

Thanks for any help and insights. Any suggestions for websites that have info would also be appreciated, but it's hard to imagine anything better than this forum.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz